Monday, August 17, 2009

Final Week!

Well I just finished finals and now have a few days to explore Cambridge on my own. Hooray! It is so weird to be leaving soon, in some ways Cambridge feels very new and foreign and in some ways it feels like I have been here forever. I went to Dublin two weeks ago which was super fun; I went to the Guinness factory, River Dance (for only ten euros!), the writer's museum, trinity college and lots of other exciting places. This past weekend I went to a very small coastal town and stayed at a farm/bed and breakfast. I think I've only stayed at hostels and hotels before and I would have to give the b&b experience a two thumbs up. It was really relaxing to walk along the beach and good to see some of the English country side. We also visited the town of Norwich which is a lot like Cambridge minus the colleges. I visited the college campus of the school that Belmont has an exchange program with there. Can I just say I am soooo glad that I chose to go to Cambridge!

And now I am feeling a strange mix of emotions and feel like these last couple of days will be bittersweet. I went to swing dancing last night and told some people it was my last week and I knew that they were really going to miss me-which is so cool that I found this little community all on my own in such a short amount of time. Most people from the program I will never see again which is a weird thought too. Thankfully some of my closest friends are from the south, so maybe we will try to meet up. But I know I will miss Cambridge most of all. I never knew that one could fall entirely in love with a location. I will always view it as a place that was very crucial to my formation as a person because I have learned so much and experienced so much here. And I think 2 months is just long enough to claim that I lived here. I have my favorite places to study, to eat. I know the local atm, post office, and grocery store by heart. So as I go on this week I will keep telling myself I will come back, because Cambridge is like a person to me. A great person who I love, respect, and who has challenged me as a person and is completely unforgettable. And just like i would try really hard to visit a person who has been a great influence on me, I will try very hard to return to Cambridge which has become one of my homes.

By the way I will probably do one last post wrapping everything up and giving a lot more detail and pictures. But while I am here I am going to be out and about doing things so this final post will probably be a while, probably when I am back in the states, but stay tuned for my final thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment